I thought it was time to give everyone some helpful hints about preparing a cake, whether it’s in the Instant Pot or Air Fryer, this is part 1 of the 4 part series, so I will post it for the rest of this week. I hope you find many of your answers below, or in the days to come.
Here are general baking tips that will help you with any baking project you undertake.
- Review the recipe before you start, make sure you have all the ingredients, tools and supplies.
- Usually, the recipe ingredients are in order, as they are mixed in, so start at the beginning of the recipe, and work yourself downwards.
- If you need to soften the butter, take it out of the refrigerator before you start the recipe. (Same thing goes if you need soften cream cheese, etc.)
- Cut anything you need, before starting the recipe, this way you can just dump your ingredients in as become needed. Examples: cutting fruit, nuts, chocolate, etc.
- Measure all the ingredients, make sure you have enough of each.
- Prepare your pan, before cooking, the pans will depend on the recipe.
- Check for doneness after each recipe, since each person’s air fryer or Instant Pot (pressure cooker) will be different, it’s very important that you check with a toothpick in the cake’s center. If the cake comes out clean, remove the cake. If you need more time, I always add five to six minutes more and then check, re-do the five-six minutes, until the toothpick comes out clean. This is important since everyone’s air fryer cooks differently, based on wattage and brand, always use the time in a baking recipe as an estimate.
Here are some of my most popular cake recipes: