Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is a very simple recipe. It also makes a super easy Thanksgiving side dish. Becuase, who doesn’t like turkey and carrots together? This recipe also can be used with a number of different vegetables, it works with any root vegetable, I have made it with turnips, parsnips, and rutabagas.
The shallots add a great flavor while cooking. I drained, mind, but if you like the look of them, just leave them in. They leave a nice flavor when eating them with the carrots. I used chopped parsley to dress up the dish. It is THanksgiving after all.
Kitchen Items Used:
- 1 pound of carrots (to save time, use peeled baby carrots, sold in the vegetable aisle)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of shallots (you can leave these in or drain them)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley
- Add your carrots, broth and diced shallots to your Instant Pot. Set the manual high temperature for 5 minutes. Let it naturally release.
- When it's released, drain the carrots. You can either save the shallots or dispose of them. Then add your vinegar and sugar, mix well.
- Then add up chopped parsley for a finished look.