Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
I have to admit, my son really wanted me to try making cinnamon-raisin bread in the crockpot, it’s his absolute favorite.
I really love making bread it the crockpot, I think it’s super simple and it’s fun. It also makes the house smell wonderful.
The best thing about is it doesn’t need to rise because it does so while it’s in the slow cooker.
I plan on making more recipes in the future, so don’t forget to follow along on Facebook
Slow Cooker-Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of warm milk
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 4 teaspoons of cinnamon spice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter
- Mix the yeast, sugar and warm milk (heat it in a saucepan, but don’t boil it), let sit about 10 minutes
- Then add the flour and salt, mix well.
- In a small bowl, soak the raisins with water, to make them soft. Leave about 10 minutes and then drain and add to the mixture.
- Meanwhile, cut up the butter and add to the mixture.
- Line the crockpot with parchment paper, and spray non cooking spray onto, and form a ball with the dough in the middle of the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, then remove the dough (it will be cooked, but not brown)
- Put it under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes on high.
- Let it cool and slice and serve