Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Making a salad is easy, it’s a great way to get your kids to eat your vegetables and to eat healthily.
Here is a take on a classic basic garden salad. There is also a simple recipe for a basic vinaigrette.
I hope you and yours enjoy!
- 6 cups of lettuce
- 1/2 cup of red onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, cut into half
- Simple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tablespoons of minced red onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Mix everything together in a large salad bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette sauce.
- To make the dressing,
- combine everything into a small mixing bowl.