Instant Pot Vegetarian Quinoa Fried Rice is an amazing side dish, which will go with any meal, or you can eat it alone. It’s a great and healthy substitution for typical Chinese Fried Rice.
This is a great meal that is so healthy, and with the Instant Pot, you can easily make this meal in minutes! There is no reason to hit the Chinese Restaurant on the way home, and this meal will eliminate all of the yearnings for Chinese Food. It’s so good and it so easy!
What else can you ask for? A simple, healthy Chinese Fried Rice made with quinoa. It’s a great, healthy, and calorie-friendly meal!
If you are looking for even more Instant Pot Rice Recipes, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT WILD RICE, INSTANT POT BROWN RICE, INSTANT POT SWEET BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS (FIESTA), and INSTANT POT HOMEMADE RICE PILAF.
What Is Quinoa?
Quinoa Rice is the base for this recipe, but what is it really? You can easily find it in any American Grocery Store, or even at Costco or Trader Joe’s, but what is it really?
I did not know that Quinoa is actually not rice, but it’s actually a plant grown for the seeds (which we eat).
The seeds have become extremely popular since they are rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Vegetarian Quinoa Fried Rice
- Quinoa Rice
- Sesame Oil
- Frozen Vegetables
- Soy Sauce
- Teriyaki Sauce
For Detailed Instructions and Ingredients, Scroll To The End Of The Page. There Will Be A Printable Recipe Card.
How To Make Instant Pot Vegetarian Quinoa Fried Rice
- 1 cup quinoa rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (partially thawed works best)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon Mirin
- Start by making the Quinoa, add the rice and water to the Instant Pot bowl. Set the time for 1 minute on manual high pressure.
- Let the pressure release, and then remove the quinoa from the Instant Pot. (Just place it in a bowl, as you will return it later) Then place about 1 tablespoon of sesame oil into the Instant Pot.
- Press the saute button and allow about 30 seconds to heat up. Add your diced onion and cook for about 2 minutes. You want them to soften but stay crunchy, which will help the texture in the rice be more consistent with fried rice.
- After you have soft onions, mix in the frozen vegetables. Continue to saute for about 2 minutes. You are looking for soft vegetables and soft onions. Check the texture of both. If you like it, then stop sauteing. If you want them softer, keep on sauteing.
- Mix back in the rice, and mix well.
- Crack the egg directly into the bowl, and I pushed everything to the side to ensure that that hot surface cooked the egg. Next, press the saute button, so the egg gets really hot. After your egg is fully cooked, mix well.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!