My son Jason is completely spoiled, when we were living in Vermont, I splurged and bought this really fancy breadmaker, you know, moving to Vermont, I was going to be all-natural and make everything from scratch, LOL. But, I did buy this amazing breadmaker, that not only made homemade bread, cakes and bread it also did an amazing job making JAMS, yes, but my breadmaker also made jam.
As the appliances in our house change, I soon adapted all of my jam recipes to my Instant Pot, at first, I was not adventurous, I stayed with the strawberry, raspberry and blueberry jams, which are easy enough for anyone to make. Now, that I am more confident in using my Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) I am branching out, especially with all of this nice produce in season.
My kids love jam on their toast, they go wonderfully on muffins and scones as well. And, believe me, if you think they are hard to make, you couldn’t be more wrong. My 84 aunt, who shall remain nameless made it in about 10 minutes, she was so happy, she called to tell me. So, I hope that you will take a chance and venture out to make your own jams and jellies. They will also help you cut down on sugar, so if you are on a diabetic or KETO diet, this is the place for you.
This recipe is so simple and easy, that you will be amazed that you haven’t done this your whole life and the best part is that you don’t need to watch it while it’s cooking in the Instant Pot. I am not sure about canning this, as I have never attempted, but I’m sure you can find some canning expert on this, that can help you, make sure it’s safe. I know that there is an issue sometimes with sugar content and cornstarch, so be careful.
This usually makes two mason jars for me, and since we eat it through the week, it usually lasts about 2 weeks. It’s really up to you. the recipe can be doubled or even tripled. I do not use pectin, as I do try to give my kids fewer chemicals, but it does come out thinner, so if you want it thicker, just add the pectin, found in your canning supply store or aisle, follow the directions on the bottle.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Instant Pot, Two (2) Ingredient Homemade Strawberry Jam
This recipe is so simple and easy, that you will be amazed that you haven’t done this your whole life and the best part is that you don’t need to watch it while it’s cooking in the Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Jam
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Start by chopping your strawberries. Dispose of the stem (green part)
- After you cut the fresh strawberries, add them to your Instant Pot. I used my mini, which is perfect for sauces and jams.
- Add the sugar on top.
- Mix it well into the strawberries. This combination will give off the liquid that you need to bring the Instant Pot to pressure. You are not going to be adding any liquid, as you will get a lot of liquid from the strawberries and sugar.
- Set the manual high pressure for 1 minute. Making sure that the vent is sealed.
- Let the pressure naturally reduce, after you can easily open it. NEVER force an Instant Pot open.
- Use your immersion blender or regular blender, and blend until smooth.
- I found this cool pitcher at Crate and Barrel and I love it for my easy jam recipes.
Keywords: instant pot strawberry jam for canning instant pot strawberry jam with honey instant pot strawberry jam no sugar instant pot raspberry jam instant pot strawberry jam with pectin instant pot jam no sugar instant pot jam with pectin instant pot strawberry rhubarb jam