Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is one of my favorite things to wake up in the morning, my kids literally can smell the toasted oats and come running in. It’s is so effortless, and warm and comforting all at the same time.
This makes for a very easy, healthy and hearty breakfast, especially in the winter months. It’s also a great addition in the summer months when all of the fruit is available fresh.
Oatmeal, was something that I used to order only out before I got my Instant Pot because seriously, who knew how to cook them, so they were actually good?
Now, that I have my Instant Pot, I’m all set to create some wonderful, healthy and delicious breakfast.
Add your butter to your Instant Pot Bowl.
Then press the saute’ button on your Instant Pot panel.
As soon, as some of the butter, starts to melt, add your steel-cut oats. I recommend this brand.
Then mix in your milk, water, and dried cranberries
Then set the manual high pressure for 3 minutes. When the timer beeps, do a natural release.
Then open the lid.
I give it a good mix, and it’s ready to serve.
Things Used In This Recipe:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1½ cup of milk
- 1½ cup of water
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of almonds, for garnish
- Start by adding the butter. into the Instant Pot Bowl. Then press the saute' button your Instant Pot, and saute' until about ½ of the butter is melted.
- Then add the steel cut oats, and toast them for a couple of minutes, until they are toasted. This is a wonderful smell, it smells nice and nutty.
- Then add the water, milk, and cranberries. Mix well.
- Add your lid, and make sure that the vent is sealed and set the manual high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a natural release. When all of the pressure is depressurized, open the lid and mix well.
- Ladle into a bowl, and sprinkle some almonds on top.