Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Instant Pot, Grilled Italian Sausages with Peppers and Onions
This is one of the easiest and tastiest meals to make in the Instant Pot.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 Italian sausages (I mixed up mild and hot)
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary, dried
- 1 1/2 cup of water or chicken stock
- Start by pressing the saute’ button your Instant Pot, give it about 30 seconds, then add your olive oil. Allow it to heat up, slightly, then add your sausages,
- Brown your sausage for a couple of minutes. This does two things, it brings out the flavor of the sausage and it makes them look almost grilled.
- Once, the sausage is browned, remove it from the Instant Pot, and then add all of the onions, peppers, and spices. Saute them for a couple of minutes, and then add 1 cup of water.
- Continue to saute’ it, for a couple more minutes.
- Then add the other 1/2 cup of water, and add back the sausages
- Then place your lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the vent is sealed. Set the manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let it naturally release.
- I served mine on a sausage roll.
Keywords: pressure cooker italian sausages with onions and peppers instant pot sausage peppers and potatoes instant pot sausage and peppers with jar sauce instant pot italian sausage recipe instant pot italian sausage and sauce instant pot slow cooker sausage and peppers instant pot peppers and onions instant pot italian sausage peppers and potatoes