Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 8 Italian sausages (I mixed up mild and hot)
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary, dried
- 1½ cup of water or chicken stock
- Start by pressing the saute' button your Instant Pot, give it about 30 seconds, then add your olive oil. Allow it to heat up, slightly, then add your sausages,
- Brown your sausage for a couple of minutes. This does two things, it brings out the flavor of the sausage and it makes them look almost grilled.
- Once, the sausage is browned, remove it from the Instant Pot, and then add all of the onions, peppers, and spices. Saute them for a couple of minutes, and then add 1 cup of water.
- Continue to saute' it, for a couple more minutes.
- Then add the other ½ cup of water, and add back the sausages
- Then place your lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure the vent is sealed. Set the manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let it naturally release.
- I served mine on a sausage roll.