What is better than a quick meal, how about a one-pot Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Meal that has very little prep and hardly any cleanup. They are the perfect weeknight meal or easy Sunday afternoon dinner or lunch.
They are quicker than takeout and a lot cheaper. so forget about ordering in tonight and try one of these delicious meals.
Skillet meals are the first “fast food” that was invented, they have been around for decades. If you are in a rush there are a hundred different ways you can cut off time off any skillet meal, if you have a Trader Joes near you, you can purchase cut meats, vegetables, spices, and sauces. They will save you both time and money. I pick up the ingredients for one skillet meal when I venture out to TJs.
Here are tips to help your skillet meal be a success:
- Invest in the special insert for the Instant Pot-This extra pot is coated in ceramic, so it distributes heat more evenly. The pan is also perfect because it is non-stick so perfect for Skillet meals.
- Stir often, I usually multi-task in the kitchen, while I am using the Instant Pot to make a skillet or stir-fry meal, this way, I am around for repeated stirring.
- Use already prepared items, pre-chopped vegetables, pre-chopped meat, these come in so handy, for weeknight meals.
- Serve with a nice healthy salad, this will be a quick and healthy way to round out your meal. (Obviously, not prepared in the Instant Pot)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot Smart Du060 (I also made this in my mini, to make sure it works)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
This makes the easiest skillet dinner, it's great for a first-time use for the Instant Pot, you can easily switch it out and make it on a large skillet or wok.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Start by placing the tablespoon of olive oil into the Instant Pot and then press the saute button. Wait about 30 seconds, just enough time for the oil to heat up.
Then add the diced ginger and garlic.
About 30 seconds later, add the ground pork.
Continue to saute until the meat is brown.
Once the pork is browned, add the sesame oil. Mix well.
Then stir in the onions, carrots, and cabbage. Stir until the cabbage wilts from the heat. (about 5 minutes)
Nice and easy skillet meal, almost done.
Plate serve and enjoy!