This is one of my favorite things to wake up in the morning, my kids literally can smell the toasted oats and come running in. It’s is so effortless, and warm and comforting all at the same time.
This makes for a very easy, healthy, and hearty breakfast, especially in the winter months. It’s also a great addition in the summer months when all of the fruit is available fresh.
Oatmeal, was something that I used to order only out before I got my Instant Pot because seriously, who knew how to cook them, so they were actually good?
Now, that I have my Instant Pot, I’m all set to create some wonderful, healthy, and delicious breakfast.
Add your oatmeal to the Instant Pot.
Then mix in the water and milk
Then add the vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Things Used In This Recipe:
Pressure Cooker-Instant Pot-Cinnamon Banana Oatmeal
This is such an easy breakfast, my kids love it. I love that I can set about it and forget it. As fall is coming, I love making a nice warm breakfast for my kids, while I make my coffee. My kids love it served with fresh fruit.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 bananas, cut up.
- 2–3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Optional: For extra richness, serve with 2 tablespoons of half and half or cream, and with a sprinkle of brown sugar
- In your Instant Pot bowl, add the oats, water, milk, bananas, cinnamon, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Then add your lid, making sure that the vent is in the sealed position.
- Then use your manual high-pressure setting, and set it for 5 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a quick release.
- Open the lid and mix well.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle brown sugar, and enjoy!