This summer, push aside the grill and make a Perfect Air Fryer Steak. There is nothing easier or more delicious. Tender and juicy on the inside and perfectly seared on the outside. There is nothing better than a perfect steak.
Today, I made a simple steak, paired with an easy Parmesan Butter, which is so good by itself, this butter is low-carb and KETO friendly, and pairs very well with a hot steak dinner.
If you are looking for some great side dishes to pair this with, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER TWICE BAKED POTATO, AIR FRYER BAKED POTATO, and of course my favorite Italian side salad, made with the help of the air fryer, AIR FRYER GRILLED PANZANELLA SALAD.
Steak in the Air Fryer
The truth is that if you have not made a steak in the air fryer, I do not know what you have been waiting for. This steak is amazing.
The trick of getting a perfect sear on the steak is to preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes.
This way, when you put your steak into the air fryer, it immediately sears the outside. Creating a perfectly cooked steak every single time.
The other key is to invest in a meat thermometer; this way, you get your steak the way you like it. That is ultra important; you will never have anything overcooked again once you invest in a meat thermometer.
- Steak, any cut of meat will work, Flank, Ribeye, New York Strip, Sirloin, or even a Tri-Tip.
- Olive Oil or High Heat Oil (the most common Avocado Oil or Coconut Oil)
- Steak Seasoning
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- Minced Garlic
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Italian Seasoning
How to Cook Steak in Air Fryer
The key with a great steak is to let the steak rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. The steak will cook evener that way.
Then preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f, air fryer setting for about 4 to 5 minutes. Thena dd, your steak, rub it with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and steak seasoning.
Then just cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Check with your meat thermometer to make sure it’s cooked perfectly for you.
Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Some Pro Tips For Making The Perfect Air Fryer Steak:
- Let the meat rest for about 30 minutes before air frying.
- Let the steak rest for about 10 minutes after air frying. The juices will return to the middle of the steak.
- Preheat your air fryer for about 5 minutes to really get a great sear on the steak.
- Do not crowd your basket. When the steaks cook, you will restrict the hot air cooking the food.
Timing For Steak
The true timing for steaks really depends on the air fryer you own and how thick your steaks are, some guidelines:
- Medium Steak, About 9 to 10 minutes.
- Medium-Rare Steak, about 10 to 11 minutes
- Well Done will take you closer to 14 minutes.
More Air Fryer Beef Recipes-
- AIR FRYER QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE
- AIR FRYER FLANK STEAK PINWHEELS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT TACO BELL CRUNCHWRAP SUPREME
- AIR FRYER FILET MIGNON
- AIR FRYER PORTERHOUSE STEAK
- 1-2 Pieces of Steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 teaspoon steak seasoning
Garlic Parmesan Butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- The key with a great steak is to let the steak rest at room temperature for about 30 minutes. The steak will cook evener that way.
- Then preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees f, air fryer setting for about 4 to 5 minutes. Thena dd, your steak, rub it with olive oil, salt, black pepper, and steak seasoning.
- Then just cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process. Check with your meat thermometer to make sure it's cooked perfectly for you.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
To Make the Garlic Parmesan Butter:
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and mix until smooth.