Instant Pot-Whole Rotissere Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (any size will do)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (do not use olive oil, as it has a low smoking point)
- 1 onion chopped and diced
- 1 lemon or 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- As usual, clean and prepare the chicken (remove the extra parts from inside the chicken and wash with water, salt and pepper).
- Put the chicken inside the Instant Pot (I added the lemon and onion into the cavity, for extra flavor)
- In a small bowl mix together the oil and spices.
- Turn on your Instant Pot to preheat on the sauté setting
- Coat the chicken with the oil and spice blend (only use 1/2)
- Place the chicken breast side down, in the instant pot
- Then coat the bottom side of the chicken with the other 1/2 of the oil/spice mixture
- The chicken should saute for about 5 minutes, until the breast side is nice and browned
- Then turn the chicken over, let brown for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Return the breast side up, and remain there. Add your chicken broth
- Set the timer (manual) for 25 minutes
- Allow the pressure to release naturally
- Remove the lid and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve and