Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is a GREAT go to meal. I usually stock up on whole chickens, when they are on sale. They make a great family dinner, and we usually have leftovers, so it’s also a great budget meal.
They can be flavored with anything. My favorite is a knock-off of the customary rotisserie chicken found in the grocery stores.
You only need a few ingredients,
Blend the spices and oil together and mix well
Clean the Chicken, remove the extras and clean with salt and pepper
Coat the other side
After the first flip
- 1 whole chicken (any size will do)
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (do not use olive oil, as it has a low smoking point)
- 1 onion chopped and diced
- 1 lemon or 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- As usual, clean and prepare the chicken (remove the extra parts from inside the chicken and wash with water, salt and pepper).
- Put the chicken inside the Instant Pot (I added the lemon and onion into the cavity, for extra flavor)
- In a small bowl mix together the oil and spices.
- Turn on your Instant Pot to preheat on the sauté setting
- Coat the chicken with the oil and spice blend (only use 1/2)
- Place the chicken breast side down, in the instant pot
- Then coat the bottom side of the chicken with the other 1/2 of the oil/spice mixture
- The chicken should saute for about 5 minutes, until the breast side is nice and browned
- Then turn the chicken over, let brown for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Return the breast side up, and remain there. Add your chicken broth
- Set the timer (manual) for 25 minutes
- Allow the pressure to release naturally
- Remove the lid and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve and