Note: Affiliate links may be included in this post
This is an amazingly easy recipe. Like with most recipes, I played with it for a while, until I really got a taste and quality that I would feel comfortable posting. I do not look to share recipes that aren’t things I would make again. Which, on the other hand, makes it hard to experiment, because my sons are always asking me to make the Minestrone Soup or Sesame Chicken again and again.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of mild Italian sausage, remove the casing, and chop up the sausage, into little bits.
- 1-2 tablespoons of garlic slivers
- 1/2 cup of peeled and chopped onion
- 1/2 cup of white wine (can substitute water)
- 1 cup of seeded and diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of basil and oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 8 ounces of spaghetti (or any variety)
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Optional garnishes: Parmesan cheese or diced parsley
- Place the olive oil, garlic and onions into the Instant Pot.
- Then press saute. When the olive oil it hot, add the sausages, cook until brown (5-6 minutes). Make sure that you keep on stirring and moving the sausages so they do not get burnt.
- Add the white wine, and mix.
- Then add the pepper, spices, tomatoes water and pasta. Mix well.
- Place the Instant Pot lid on, and seal the vent.
- Cook on manual, high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Let it naturally release, then when it's finished,
- Mix in the cream, stir well.
- Plate and garnish and