You can not get more traditional, for St. Patrick’s Day than corned beef and cabbage. I always serve it on St. Patrick’s Day. I should try and remember to add it to my menu when it is not St. Patrick’s Day because my family loves it. I have been working on finding the perfect balance for making it in the Instant Pot.
My husband who grew up in a Jewish household ate a lot of beef brisket, which I will be working on shortly.
Here is a great recipe for
Corned Beef and Cabbage, I hope you and your family enjoy it!
And, enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day!!
- 3 to 4 pound of corned beef brisket
- 5 cups of beef broth
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pound of red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- In the Instant Pot, place the beef brisket, broth, onion
- Put the lid back on, now press high pressure and add 90 minutes to the time
- Let the timer go, and then when it beeps to signal it is done, let it naturally release
- Remove the brisket (it will be hot, so be careful)
- Add the potatoes, carrots and cabbage and put the lid back on.
- Set the High Pressure on for 3 minutes, when it beeps do a natural release and return the brisket, to the Instant Pot.
- Serve and Enjoy!