Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs — It’s always a good day when you can make dinner in one pot. It saves time, money, and stress! This recipe is perfect for the Instant Pot because it combines pasta with meatballs. You can’t go wrong with that combo! The best part about this dish is how easy it is to prepare- all you need are the ingredients listed below and your favorite jar of sauce. Let’s get cooking!
The Instant Pot has been a god-send for busy cooks and newbies alike. With this appliance, you can cook an entire meal in one pot: pasta, sauce, and meatballs, all done at the same time! The best part is that your kitchen will stay cool throughout the cooking process, and it takes significantly less time to make than traditional stovetop methods.
The recipe below features classic Italian flavors such as basil, oregano, garlic, and tomato sauce with Parmesan cheese, giving these meatballs their rich flavor. This recipe is excellent for dinner parties because there’s just enough room in the pot to be able to serve two different sauces on top of spaghetti noodles or other long pasta like macaroni or rigatoni.
This is going soon to become one of your favorite Instant Pot Meals.
Suppose you are looking for even more Easy Instant Pot Dinner Recipes. In that case, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT HOMEMADE HAMBURGER HELPER, INSTANT POT WENDY’S CHILI COPYCAT RECIPE, INSTANT POT STEAK TACOS (CARNE ASADA), and INSTANT POT BBQ MEATBALLS.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Ingredients:
Meatballs: You can use either fresh or frozen. The cooking time will remain the same.
Pasta Sauce: This is an excellent place for you to use your favorite sauce, from a simple Raju jar or a Gourmet jar of Antonio Carlo. The recipe will work the same.
Pasta: You can use anything that you want, although I do find that pasta in the Instant Pot is best done with smaller types, such as rigatoni, ziti, or even penne. Whole Wheat, Gluten-Free work as well.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs
Add all of your ingredients to the Instant Pot, and set the manual high pressure to 10 minutes.
- The Instant Pot is an excellent tool for making sure your meal is cooked perfectly. It takes some time to build up pressure, but once it has been pressurized, the food will be delicious and ready in no time!
- Layer your meatballs on the bottom of the pot, making sure that they are in one layer.
- Then add your pasta on top. You do not need to stir.
- Add your pasta sauce and water over the tops, and you want to make sure that the water/pasta line is slightly over the pasta. So you get a delicious and tender bowl of pasta and meatballs.
Do I Stir Before Turning On Instant Pot?
No, it’s so much better to layer your flavors and not stir for this recipe. Stirring will only shuffle the ingredients in the Instant Pot, which will lead to some of the noodles/pasta being on the bottom, which sill cause them to harden.
Once you layer your ingredients in, do not stir.
Quick Release Or Natural Release of Pressure?
For most pasta dishes, you do not want to let the pressure naturally come down. If you do, and if you forget about it, you will end up with sticky and gummy pasta or noodles.
So, the minute that the Instant Pot is done cooking does a quick release. You will get perfectly cooked pasta all of the time! To safely release the valve, watch this video by Instant Pot on how to do a quick release.
Can I Double Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe?
Yes, you can double or even triple the recipe. The key will be what size Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi you are using since you need to make sure that you only fill the pot to the fill line. Otherwise, the food will not come under pressure.
Remember adding additional ingredients to your Instant pot will cause the Instant Pot to come to pressure a bit longer.
MORE INSTANT POT MEAL RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT STEAK TACOS (CARNE ASADA)
- INSTANT POT MONGOLIAN BEEF
- EASY INSTANT POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS RECIPE
- INSTANT POT CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE
- INSTANT POT GUINNESS IRISH BEEF STEW
- EASY INSTANT POT, EASY DUMP MEAL, PASTA AND MEAT SAUCE
- 2 pounds frozen metaballs (already cooked)
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 24 ounces pasta sauce ( I use the one with the spices added, if you are using plain, add about a teaspoon of Italian seasoning)
- 24 ounces water
- 14.5 ounces tomato puree
- Add the frozen meatballs to the Instant Pot Bowl.
- Then add the dried pasta on top of the meatballs.
- Add the pasta sauce, water, and tomato puree.
- Add your lid to the Instant Pot, and then make sure that the valve is in the sealed position. Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. After the time is up, do a quick release.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 902mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 8gSugar: 15gProtein: 11g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.