Note: This post contains affiliate links
This is one of the tastiest things to make in the Instant Pot. It has a great flavor, that even my most pickest child, Jason ate it. And when he asks for seconds, you know it’s good.
Kitchen Items Used:
After adding the oil, and letting it heat up, Then add the chicken thighs, sauting them on both sides, until they are browned (about 4 minutes per side)
Meanwhile mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
Pour the sauce over the chicken thighs.
Set manual high pressure for 15 minutes
Set the vent to sealing.
And when it comes up from pressure, let do a quick release.
Meanwhile, mix your cornstarch and water in a cup or small bowl.
Open the lid, and take the chicken out. Then pour the cornstarch mixture in, stir, and then add the chicken back in.
This way your chicken will have more sauce, otherwise, just pour the sauce over the chicken. Either way, it’s delicious.
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- ½ cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- Mixed in a small bowl, to help get the sauce thicker
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- First, start off by heating your Instant Pot, by pressing saute.
- Wait about a minute, then add your olive oil. Let the oil heat up, about a minute. (By heating up the oil, it will help brown your chicken)
- Once the oil is hot, add your chicken.
- Saute each side of the chicken about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, and honey in a small bowl. Mix it well.
- Once both sides of the chicken are browned, pour the honey/ketchup/garlic/soy sauce over the chicken. Make sure you coat the chicken, otherwise your chicken will not be juicy.
- Set your manual high temperature for 15 minutes.
- With the vent sealed.
- When the timer beeps, do a quick release.
- Then remove the chicken, place them on a plate
- In a small cup or bowl, (I use paper cups) mix the cornstarch and water into the sauce, and press the saute button, mix it all together. Within a couple of minutes, the sauce will have come thick. Then pour it over the chicken, already on the plate.