Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is one of my favorite things to wake up in the morning, my kids literally can smell the toasted oats and come running in. It’s is so effortless, and warm and comforting all at the same time.
This makes for a very easy, healthy and hearty breakfast, especially in the winter months. It’s also a great addition in the summer months when all of the fruit is available fresh.
Oatmeal, was something that I used to order only out before I got my Instant Pot because seriously, who knew how to cook them, so they were actually good?
Now, that I have my Instant Pot, I’m all set to create some wonderful, healthy and delicious breakfast.
Add the old-fashioned oats to your Instant Pot
Then add the milk and water
Add the spices, vanilla and dried mixed berries.
Mix well. Then follow the directions in the recipe.
After a quick release.Things Used In This Recipe:
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of mixed berries, dried
- 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Optional: For extra richness, serve with 2 tablespoons of half and half or cream, and with a sprinkle of brown sugar
- In your Instant Pot bowl, add the oats, water, milk, mixed berries, brown sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Then add your lid, making sure that the vent is in the sealed position.
- Then use your manual high-pressure setting, and set it for 7 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a quick release.
- Open the lid and mix well.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle brown sugar, and enjoy!