I have been busy this week coming up with fast pasta dinners, that you can get in and out in a hurry, because if you are like me, once the new year comes, I am ready to get outside. Whether it is heading to a hockey game, to watch my child play or simply by taking a walk. I’m sure someone out there is like me, because I keep on finding myself eating more and more takeout, so today, I sat down and came up with a menu this week, that’s fast and healthy.
I am trying to come up with dinners that are:
- I don’t have to go to 100 stores for ingredients.
- Everyone eats one meal (that’s a huge one in our house)
- Fast, fast and fast.
I grew up in an Italian household, we literally had pasta at every meal, whether it was the main course or just aside, we ate it every day. My mother and grandmother used to make it homemade, which is amazing, and I can literally still taste it in my mouth, It brings back amazing memories. Pasta is extremely quick and versatile, and to be honest, it comes out amazing in the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker).
So, today, I start my own 5-day journey with pasta. So, if you are looking for easy pasta recipes, come back and check them out. Otherwise, you can check my daily posts on my Facebook page ForkToSpoon.
Here was a twist my mothers, Chicken, Broccoli & Zit, which I will be doing probably this weekend, today, I just went straight to a Cheesy, Broccoli & Cheese Pasta, and here is the step by step instructions for that,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is a really easy and classic broccoli and cheddar pasta dish. This is a spin off of a classic Italian dish called Chicken, Broccoli and Ziti.
- 1 pound ziti pasta (small pasta tends to do better in the Instant Pot)
- 1 pound frozen broccoli
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Start by adding the pasta, water, and frozen broccoli to the Instant Pot.
- Set the lid on, making sure it’s in the sealed position. And set the timer for 4 minutes at manual high pressure.
- As soon as the time is up, do a quick release. If you do not you will get sticky and gooey pasta (meaning it’s overcooked).
- Then mix in the butter, milk, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Continue to mix, until all of the cheese is melted.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot mac and cheese with frozen broccoli instant pot broccoli instant pot recipes instant pot pasta instant pot cheesy chicken pasta broccoli mac and cheese slow cooker broccoli mac and cheese healthy chicken broccoli mac and cheese