There is nothing better than a summer appetizer than a homemade Guacamole. Today I will show you how to Make Perfect Guacamole.
If you love Mexican food, this is the perfect one for you. With some ripe avocados, salt, fresh lime juice, diced onions, chiles, fresh cilantro, and tomatoes, this is a great appetizer or dip. Serve it the next time you pull out some air fryer tortilla chips.
Everyone loves guacamole, and it’s one of the most popular dips in America! Who knew that American’s love it more than Mexicans?
If you are looking for some other great and easy snack dishes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CAJUN FRIED PICKLES, AIR FRYER CRISPY SPINACH & RICOTTA FRIED TORTELLINI, AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS, and EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS.
Where Does Guacamole Come From?
If you are not familiar with guacamole, it’s a dip that is made from fresh avocados.
Guacamole originated in southern Mexico. The Aztecs invented it by using fresh local ingredients.
It was only in the 16th century that The Spanish added onion, lime, and cilantro, which is around the same time that the chip was invented. I guess you need something to eat it with.
How To Make The Perfect Guacamole
To make a traditional guacamole you need the following ingredients,
- Ripe Avocados
- Lime Juice
- Minced Red Onion
- Serrano Chiles
- Fresh Cilantro
- Salt & Black Pepper
How to Make Perfect Guacamole
Start by cutting the avocados in half. Then use a spoon to remove the pit. Transfer the flesh to a small mixing bowl. Mash your avocados with a fork.
Add in the lime juice, salt, diced onion, cilantro, black pepper, tomatoes, and chilies.
Some Easy Guacamole Add-Ins
- Fruit: Add some diced pineapple, mangos, apples, grapes, etc.
- Nuts: Add some almonds, macadamia nuts, pecans, etc.
- Cheese: Feta, blue cheese, queos, etc.
- Seasonings: Everything But The Bagel
How To Store Guacamole
Guacamole only lasts for a few days, before turning brown.
For best results, put into the refrigerator in an airtight container. The air will cause the guacamole to turn brown when exposed to the air, so either places a piece of saran wrap, wrap it tightly around the container, or place it into an air-tight container.
What To Serve With Guacamole
The usual thing to serve guacamole with is tortilla chips, but you can really serve it with many things. Some of my favorites are:
- Vegetables, including carrots, sliced bell peppers, and other sliced vegetables
- Burrito Bowls
- 2 ripe avacados
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 diced chiles, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Start by cutting the avocados in half. Then use a spoon to remove the pit. Transfer the flesh to a small mixing bowl. Mash your avocados with a fork.
- Add in the lime juice, salt, diced onion, cilantro, black pepper, tomatoes, and chilies.
- Mix well.
- Chill until serving.
- Serve with a platter of tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 209Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 8gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g