It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Zucchini Fries
This is such an easy appetizer or snack, or a great side dish that goes with any meal. It has a rich flavor and is really crispy. I serve mine with a sauce for the kids to dip it in, since all kids like to dip.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable, Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- Start by selecting firm zucchinis from the supermarket, the harder they are the better they will come out.
- Then slice the avocados in quarter lengths.
- Dip them first into flour, salt, and black pepper. (In one bowl)
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs and 2 tablespoons of water, beat well.
- In another bowl, place the panko or bread crumbs and cheese.
- Then dip the zucchini into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture and then the panko crumbs mixture.
- As you bread them, place them into the air fryer basket.
- Spray the zucchini which are in the air fryer basket with olive oil.
- Set the time to 370 degrees F. for 5 minutes, after the time is up, flip them, and spray again. Set the time for another 4 minutes
- Remove them from the air fryer basket, plate, serve and enjoy!