This is the perfect Air Fryer Vanilla Donuts recipe, it’s easy, and the donuts are amazing. In minutes you can make fluffy donuts with my easy recipe and the help of your air fryer.
Today I glazed these donuts with my foolproof chocolate icing, and they are amazing! This is such a healthy way to get your donut fix in, and they taste delicous.
If you were looking for an alternative to the very popular Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts, this batch of donuts will make you leave your biscuit donuts behind, and you will soon be a great Air Fryer Donut Maker!
Air Fryer Vanilla Donuts
Like any vanilla donut recipe this one starts off with a few pantry items and some refrigerated items. Nothing complicated, most of the stuff you probably have in your home.
For the Chocolate Icing (Ganache), I used my favorite recipe of all time, the foolproof Alton Brown Ganache Frosting Recipe. This icing only has two ingredients, and it is fabulous, bittersweet chocolate and heavy cream. So good, it will soon be one of your favorite recipes.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Bittersweet Chocolate
How To Make Air Fryer Vanilla Donuts
In a small mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients, the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, melted butter, and pure vanilla extract. Mix well, then fold into the dry ingredients.
Spray your donut pans with cooking spray, than pour your batter into the donut pans, filling about 2/3 the way full.
Put the pans into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 -12 minutes.
Let the donuts cool completely, before adding the ganache (the recipe link is in the recipe card with full instructions)
Drizzle the ganache over the donuts.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT AIR FRYER DONUTS
- Another great topping for these donuts is a mixture of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar together.
- Allow the donuts to completely cool before glazing them, otherize the glaze will runoff.
- Place the donuts on a rack to let the glaze runoff; this will ensure an even coating.
- Only fill about 2/3 way full. If you overfill them, they will bubble over, and they will be difficult to remove from the donut pan.
- You can make the batter in advance. I would advise making it the night before you need it and then covering and refrigerated until the next morning.
CAN I ADD FRUIT INTO THE BATTER IN THIS RECIPE?
Yes, if you want to add small berries to this recipe, that would work perfectly. I would suggest either strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
If you want to use frozen fruit in this recipe, I would add them in frozen.
HOW LONG WILL THESE DONUTS LAST?
Truthfully, they don’t last long in my house. My kids gobble them up, but here is the best way if you are looking to store leftovers.
Place them into an airtight container and place them on the counter for about 2 to 3 days. For any longer storage, place them into the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE VANILLA DONUTS?
Yes, if you want to make a batch and then keep them in the freezer, that’s a great idea. I usually make a big batch on Sunday and then use them in the next few weeks for a great and easy breakfast or snack.
They will last for about 1 to 2 months. To use, place into the refrigerator overnight. I do not add icing until they are defrosted.
TRY THESE AIR FRYER DOUGHNUTS NEXT!
- AIR FRYER GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE FUDGE DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY JELLY DONUTS
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
WHAT DONUT PANS CAN YOU USE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Air Fryer pans have come a long way since I started baking with my air fryer. They have these amazing silicone donut molds. These molds will fit any air fryer basket or oven.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tesapoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients, the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, melted butter, and pure vanilla extract. Mix well, then fold into the dry ingredients.
- Spray your donut pans with cooking spray, then pour your batter into the donut pans, filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Put the pans into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 -12 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool completely before adding the ganache (the recipe link is in the recipe card with full instructions)
- Drizzle the ganache over the donuts.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 7gSugar: 27gProtein: 10g