Being from Boston, my uncles were all fishermen. Therefore, I was treated to a LOT of seafood, over the years. There was absolutely nothing better than my uncles dropping off the days’ catch to my mom, who would almost make something amazing. I remember my uncle’s dropping off baby lobsters because no one would buy them, now we all know them as chicken lobsters, and if they were free, there would be a line around the block, to get them.
My husband grew up as a good old midwestern boy, but he vacationed every year at Cape Cod, where he ate his share of great seafood.
When I moved to Ohio after we got married, I noticed that the seafood was different, they didn’t have lobsters, they had crab legs, and I literally remember going through the supermarket and saying, what are those? They just looked like something that came from outer space. Instead of cod, they ate salmon. I have never had salmon, so it was an acquired taste, my mother in law made the best salmon that I have ever had. I will probably be making it in the next couple of weeks. She served it with a creamy dill dip, that even my son would eat (granted he would eat it without the salmon, but he would finish his bowl, LOL).
Seafood is important, it’s a great source of protein without a lot of fat. It hits most of the marks, gluten-free, low carb, and other diets.
It is easy, delicious, and with the use of parchment paper, there is virtually no cleanup. Just simply rinse the air fryer basket, throw after the parchment liner, and your clean up from dinner or lunch is complete. This can be served as the main entree, over rice or over a garden salad.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is a really easy recipe. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients you don’t like, this is a very versatile reciep. Serve with lemon or tartar sauce.
- 5–6 ounces of tuna
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- In a small bowl mix together the tuna, lemon zest, egg, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Italian seasoning and bread crumbs.
- Mix well. If you find that you need more bread crumbs to make them bind, add more.
- With olive oil, spray your air fryer basket or air fryer. Ues about 1/4 cup of tuna mixture, and form patties. As you make them place them on your air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Spray lightly with olive oil, which will let the tuna patties crips up.
- set the tray in the air fryer (or the basket in the air fryer) and set the temperature to 360 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes, flip your tuna patties and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: frozen tuna steak in air fryer tuna air fryer recipes how long to cook tuna steak in air fryer ahi tuna steak air fryer cooking tuna steaks in air fryer frozen tuna in air fryer tuna patty calories baked tuna cakes with panko