This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—Print
This is one of the best way to use your air fryer on Christmas Morning, Today I used the Omni, and simply popped them in, my family loves teh m, and you will love that you can serve a hot and delicious breakfast and use your new air fryer.
- 1 package mini biscuits, found in the dairy section of your grocery store
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–4 tablespoons milk
- Christmas sprinkles, crushed peppermint, etc.
- Layout the biscuits, on a cutting board and then using your biscuit cutter, cut the center out
- Melt your butter, which is a great way to get them to be more donut-like than a biscuit.
- Soak your biscuit in for a minute or two.
- As you dip them, place them in your air fryer basket or air fryer oven tray. Both should be greased with either olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place them into your air fryer, (middle shelf if you have an oven) and set the timer for 5 minutes at 300 degrees F. (NOTE: THE OMNI HAS A PREHEAT OPTITION< THAT IS WHY THE TEMPERATURE IS LOWER)
- In a small bowl mix your confectionary sugar and milk, add 1 tablespoon of milk in at a time, until you have a glaze, that you can dip the donuts in. You want it not extremely runny, but not hard either.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!