This is one of my most popular recipes for Breaded Air Fryer Chicken. It is a great and simple meal to prepare in the air fryer. With no added oil or fat, it is also a relatively healthy meal.
Air Freyr Chicken recipes are ever so popular these days, probably because everyone eats chicken. It’s packed with flavor, and you only need a few ingredients. I always say you can not go wrong with a simple breaded chicken recipe.
So, this is a great way to get a golden crust on the chicken and a flavorful bite. I love it, I usually pair it with a simple salad, for a perfect mid-week meal.
What is an Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a new technology used to cook food. It actually has been around for years but has recently become widely popular.
An air fryer works, because it spins hot air around your food, cooking it. The hot air is rapidly moving around your food, which causes the texture of most food to be cooked and some foods if prepared correctly to be crispy.
It will be some of the best and moist chicken breasts you ever get. Thanks to the air fryer.
Is Air Fried Chicken Healthy?
Cooking with an air fryer means that you do not use a lot of oil in the cooking process. Although, as I will describe below you still use olive oil.
Air Fryer chicken is very healthy since you are not deep-frying it with lots and lots of oil. The amount of calories is drastically reduced when cooking with your air fryer. It is a tasty dish, that mimics any fried chicken breast, but you just saved about 70% of calories.
How to make breaded air fryer chicken breast
The ingredients in today’s breaded chicken dish are:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Paprika
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper To Taste
- Olive Oil Spray
Just like a fried chicken breast, you still prepare it almost the same way.
Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Spray your basket with olive oil spray. So, the chicken will not stick.
In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs with the spices.
Spray your chicken with olive oil, and then dredge your chicken in the breadcrumbs/spices.
As you coat the chicken, place them into the basket. Spray again with olive oil spray. This helps crisp up your chicken.
Set your timer for 10 minutes, flip your chicken halfway, then spray again, with olive oil.
Check to make sure the chicken is cooked before you remove it. (use a meat thermometer) Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Tips for Making The Perfect Breaded Air Fryer Chicken Dish–
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck out of it, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken. You will never get crispy chicken without coating it (thin) with olive oil.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
For Other Air Fryer Chicken Recipes–
- Bang Bang Chicken
- Parmesan Ranch Chicken Tenders
- Cornflake Chicken Tenders
- Copycat Wingers Sticky Chicken Fingers
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
DON’T FORGET TO PIN,
This is such a foolproof way to make homemade breaded chicken in the air fryer. Perfect and crispy all of the time.
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons dried paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 400 degrees F. Spray your basket with olive oil spray. So, the chicken will not stick.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the spices.
- Spray your chicken with olive oil, and then dredge your chicken in the breadcrumbs/spices.
- As you coat the chicken, place them into the basket.
- Set your timer to 7 minutes at 370 degrees F. After 7 minutes, flip your chicken and air fry for another 7 minutes.
- Check to make sure the chicken is cooked before you remove it. (use a meat thermometer)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Breaded Chicken