Air Fryer Fried Potatoes are amazing! If you have been looking for a really simple way to prepare potatoes but still get lots of flavors, this is one of my favorites!
I love potatoes to go with my meals, and they are so good!
My mother used to fry up a batch in the skillet, but with the air fryer you, can skip all of that oil and get a relatively healthy side dish to serve o your family.
These are naturally gluten-free, and everyone loves them. The Tex-Mex adds many flavors, but if you don’t want anything more than fried potatoes, you can omit the seasoning.
If you are looking for more Air Fryer Potato Recipes some of my favorites are AIR FRYER FROZEN FRENCH FRIES WITH FRENCH FRY SEASONING, AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES, and AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Fried Potatoes
- Russett Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Taco Seasoning
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Potatoes
Start by slicing the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
As you cup them place them into a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Spread the chips spread out on the air fryer tray or basket, and set them in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F, (air fryer setting)
Just before serving, sprinkle the taco seasoning on the potatoes.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Fried Potatoes
- For best results, make sure that the potatoes have a thin layer of olive oil on the potatoes, which will help them crisp up.
- Do not crowd your air fryer basket; otherwise, the potatoes will not crisp up.
- Add any seasonings after you cook these up, but for best results, season them while they are hot.
- Shake your basket several times during the cooking process.
- Make sure that you cut them about the same size so they cook up at the same time.
- You do not need to peel these. They will come out the same, without or with the skin.
- This recipe has worked with the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and other air fryer basket or oven models.
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Fried Potatoes
If you have any leftover potatoes, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container.
They will last in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 days. After that, they will start to soften. To reheat, place them into the microwave or back into the air fryer to re-crisp up.
Can I use other kinds of potatoes?
Yes, I usually use Russet for my potatoes, but this recipe will work with any yellow or red potatoes. They should still be cut in about the same size, so they all air fry up perfectly.
Do you need to parboil the potatoes before air frying them?
No, with the air fryer, you can get a crisp potato without parboiling them. The result will still be a great batch of fried potatoes.
Why is my air fryer cooking unevenly?
The only reason why your air fryer will cook food unevenly is that the basket is crowded, and there is no spacing between the food items. This will cause some food to be cooked and the stacked potatoes to remain raw.
For best results with cooking with an air fryer, do not crowd your basket.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Side Dishes:
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
- AIR FRYER LOADED TATER TOTS
- BREAKFAST POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER OVEN GOLD RANCH POTATOES
- 2 large Russett potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Start by slicing the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- As you cup them, place them into a large mixing bowl and add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the chips spread out on the air fryer tray or basket, and set them in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- Just before serving, sprinkle the taco seasoning on the potatoes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 852mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.