Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of takeout Chinese food, but better because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful, and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are the simple steps, to get a quick dish on the table.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Sweet and Sour Chicken
This is one of my kid’s favorite recipes, it’s my take-off of a sweet and sour chicken, it has a bit of a bite to it because I used the sambal oelek sauce. Great and easy dish, pair it with an Instant Pot basmati rice, and you have a meal in minutes.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- olive oil spray
- 6 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- diced scallions
- roasted peanuts
- Start with trimmed chicken breasts.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized cubes.
- Used a paper towel to dry the chicken.
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch.
- Spray our air fryer basket with olive oil spray, this way it will not stick, when you flip it. As you coat the chicken with the cornstarch, put them on the tray or basket. Then use your olive oil sprayer to generously coat the chicken if you miss a spot, it will remain white after the cooking process. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, and set the time for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the chicken. Spray again. Set the time for another 5 minutes. Once the chicken is done (check with a meat thermometer) remove the chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients,
- Place your cooked chicken into the sauce.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!