Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
- Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
These are really juicy burgers, stuffed with pepper jack cheese. They are bursting with flavor.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon BBQ seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Start by placing your meat into a small bowl.
Add the salt, pepper and BBQ Seasonings, mix well.
Shape your patties.
Then place some cheese in the middle of the patty. Wrap the patty around the cheese.
Place them in the air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 4 minutes, after 4 minutes, flip the burgers and air fry for another 4 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!