Air Fryer Strawberry Pop-Tarts are so easy to make. Today, I made a batch with homemade pastry dough, which is super simple. These Air Fryer Strawberry Pop-Tarts are so great for an easy homemade breakfast treat prepared with the help of the Air Fryer.
- 15 oz of pie crusts (equivalent to 2 crusts), store-bought or homemade
- 5 ounces strawberry jelly preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP milk (you may add more if you like your icing to be a thinner consistency)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 circle cookie cutter
- Lay your pie crust out flat on a lightly floured surface. With your cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes you can with the amount of pie crust you have.
- On one of the circle crust, take 1 tablespoon of your jelly preserves, and place it in the middle. Spread it out evenly. Make sure to leave room around the edges. Taking your finger, dip it in the egg wash, and evenly spread the egg wash around the borders surrounding the jelly.
- Place another circle-shaped pie crust on top of the other with the jelly on it. Using a fork, press down the edges, creating a seal. Then using a kitchen brush, dip it in the egg wash and top the rest of your circle shape with the egg wash. Using a fork, or toothpick, poke about 6 to 8 holes in the pastry dough.
- Depending on your air fryer’s size, place as many pastry pop tarts in your air fryer that will fit without interfering with the pastry’s shape. Cook your pop tart at 370° for 7 minutes. Once the timer is done, open your air fryer, and flip your pop tarts. Continue to cook at 370° for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until it is reached a soft brown color. Remove from the air fryer, and transfer to a cooling rack. Make the icing and pour it on, sprinkle some sprinkles on top.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Make the Icing: In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk mix until you have the desired consistency.
Keywords: Air Fryer Strawberry Pop-Tarts