Kale is the current wonder food, growing up, I didn’t even know what Kale was, and my mother never brought it home. So if you are like me and are unfamiliar with kale, here are some facts,
- Kale is considered to be a superfood and one of the most nutrient-dense food on the planet earth. Did that shock you?
- It is in the cruciferous vegetable family, just like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.
- There are actually a lot of different types of kale, including purple, green (the most common) and the stems could be curly or straight.
- Kale is rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
- Kale helps reduce cholesterol.
- Kale is one of the best vitamin K sources, Vitamin K which is great for blood clotting and helping the body absorb calcium.
- Kale is known to help the body fight cancer.
- Kale is high in beta carotene, which helps a body generate Vitamin A.
- Kale has also been shown to help an individual lose weight since it’s a dense food and makes your body feel full after eating.
So, make some Kale chips they are a healthy and nutritious alternative to potato chips and they are so easy to make in your air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer (Today I made bacon in the air fryer, Omni)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
I had some leftover kale on hand and I thought why not try it, It was moist and delicious.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup kale
- 1 teaspoon diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon water
Start by oiling an air fryer safe pan.
Then add the kale and shallot then add the water.
Set in the air fryer for 4 minutes at 400 degrees F, you are just looking for the kale to wilt a bit.
Plate, serve and enjoy!