Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
- Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Homemade Smothered Hamburgers (Burgers)
This is a really easy family-friendly recipe, that my kids absolutely loved. And it answered a very common question if you can caramelized onions in the air fryer (yes you can)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds of ground meat
- 2 tablespoon burger seasoning mix
- Since the onions take the longest time. Peel your onion and then slice it into strips. Place it in a foil packet. To do so, simply roll our your foil, and place the onions inside of it, and then cut the excess foil off. Then place a butter about 1 tablespoon) in the middle of the onions, roll up (very tightly on the side) and then set it in the air fryer for 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Then add your hamburger meat and seasonings into a small bowl, work the seasonings into the meat.
- Shape your meat into patties (you don’t need to grease the tray or basket since the hamburger produces its own oil from the meat)
- Place in the air fryer oven and set the timer for 7 minutes at 400 degree F, after 4 minutes flip the burgers and cook for the rest of the time (7 minutes, you open it, after 4 minutes and then cook for another 3 minutes) Check the burger to make sure it’s well cooked, then remove
- Unwrap the onion from the packet. (Which will be hot, still) Put a helping onto the burgers,
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer hamburgers air fryer stuffed burgers cheese stuffed burgers in air fryer gowise air fryer burger air fryer hamburger steak cuisinart air fryer burgers air fryer recipes emeril air fryer 360 hamburgers