Kale is the current wonder food, growing up, I didn’t even know what Kale was, and my mother never brought it home. So if you are like me and are unfamiliar with kale, here are some facts,
- Kale is considered to be a superfood and one of the most nutrient-dense food on the planet earth. Did that shock you?
- It is in the cruciferous vegetable family, just like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts.
- There are actually a lot of different types of kale, including purple, green (the most common) and the stems could be curly or straight.
- Kale is rich in antioxidants, including beta-carotene and Vitamin C.
- Kale helps reduce cholesterol.
- Kale is one of the best vitamin K sources, Vitamin K which is great for blood clotting and helping the body absorb calcium.
- Kale is known to help the body fight cancer.
- Kale is high in beta carotene, which helps a body generate Vitamin A.
- Kale has also been shown to help an individual lose weight since it’s a dense food and makes your body feel full after eating.
So, make some Kale chips they are a healthy and nutritious alternative to potato chips and they are so easy to make in your air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Simple Kale Chips
Make some Kale chips they are a healthy and nutritious alternative to potato chips and they are so easy to make in your air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 16
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: KETO, Appetizer, Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2–3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoons salt
- Start by washing and drying the kale.
- Cut the kale, by slicing near the spine of the kale.
- As you cut the kale leaves place, them into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, and salt, and use your hands to rub the olive oil over the leaves.
- Place the leaves into your air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 375 degrees F, for 4-6 minutes.