I have been making this for years, tonight I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. . This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
One of the easiest sheet pan dinners that you will find, these are amazing for a crowd. Tasty and delicious.
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5-6 Italian sausages, diced
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Start by dicing the peppers, onions, and sausages.
Finish assembling everything on the air fryer tray or basket.
Drizzle the olive oil over the sheet pan, add some salt and pepper and other seasonings, that you like.
Set in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, after 6 minutes, use tongs and toss the vegetables and sausage.
Plate, serve and enjoy!