When I was a small child, I used to watch this show called Semi-Homemade which started Sandra Lee, and she would take ordinary ingredients and make them into something completely amazing. Now, I always admired her creatively, today I tried my hand at making semi-homemade cinnamon rolls since my kids wanted them, but I was out of cinnamon rolls.
I think they turned out even better, and then the best thing is you can do it, in under 20 minutes.
I used mini biscuits, which I had in the refrigerator, but you would use them the same as large biscuits.
Just place them near each other, on a cutting board or solid surface.
Then use a rolling pin, and flatten them. Basically making your own dough.
Brush melted butter over the top of the dough, then sprinkle on the sugar/cinnamon topping.
Then roll up, and slice into 1-inch pieces (roll up the long way) follow the rest of the directions in the recipe below.
IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN FOLLOWING ALONG, WE ARE AT WWW.FORKTOSPOON.COM
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: I include affiliate links in this post)
J. A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife
Today, I used these as I picked them up in a lighting deal with Amazon Prime, on Amazon Prime Day, they were so awesome, hardly any clean up (my worst part of cooking). So, if you are looking for a set, that will decrease your time in the kitchen, I found them here.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
These are so, so good. They are made with simple ingredients, to get a really good flavor. They are even served with homemade icing.
- 1 package biscuits
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons of milk
- Place the biscuits alongside each other.
- Use a rolling pin, and flatten them. Basically making your own dough.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the dough
- Sprinkle on the sugar/cinnamon topping.
- Then roll up, and slice into 1-inch pieces (roll up the long way)
- Place them into a greased air fryer safe pan.
- Set the pan into the air fryer, set the temperature to 300 degrees for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, make sure they are cooked all the way through (the exact time is going to depend on your air fryer), if they are not cooked add another 2 minutes.
- To make the icing: mix in a small bowl, the powdered sugar and milk, mix until you have a glue like consistency.
- Pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer cinnamon rolls from scratch tube cinnamon rolls in air fryer homemade cinnamon rolls in air fryer pillsbury rolls in air fryer air fryer cinnamon roll bites power air fryer oven cinnamon rolls skinnytaste air fryer cinnamon rolls frozen rolls in air fryer