This is seriously my husband’s favorite meal, he would eat it every night. I make it a lot since it’s really easy and KETO friendly. My entire family loves how the outside of the sausage (sometimes we substitute the sausage for bratwurst) gets crispy, but the inside remains juicy.
This sausage is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat. Also, they re really filling, so if you are doing KETO, they are great snacks.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying sausage:
- Seasoning your sausage is important, it will absorb any spice that you add.
- Most sausage dishes can be prepped ahead of time, and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the sausage with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) sausage.
- Always flip the sausage halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked sausage is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Sausage, Peppers and Onions (KETO Friendly)
This is a really family favorite. My entire family is excited when I make this for dinner. It is also KETO friendly, and a one pan meal, which makes clean up a breeze.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course, KETO
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- 1 pound Italian sausage (or bratwust)
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the sliced onions, peppers, olive oil, and Italian Seasoning.
- Coat the vegetables with the olive oil.
- Then place the vegetables into the air fryer.
- Add the saussages, next to the vegetables.
- Set the temperature to 400 degreees F, (air fryer setting) fro 5 minutes. I had the Omni, which I added during the preheating. (So, if you air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting, just set the time for 10 minutes)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: breakfast sausage links in air fryer fully cooked chicken sausage in air fryer cooking breakfast sausage links in air fryer fresh sausage patties in air fryer air fryer breakfast sausage patties air fryer italian sausage and peppers how long to cook breakfast sausage links in air fryer fully cooked sausage in air fryer