This is a very easy breakfast bake to make with the help of the air fryer, in just a few simple steps, you can have a breakfast classic, that the whole family will love.
Here are the really simple instructions,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN—
This is a family favorite, everyone loves Biscuits and Gravy. now you can have the easy of this dish, and just pop it into the air fryer. I used turkey sausage, but it can easily be switched out for pork sausage.
- 1 pound ground turkey or pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (I used Pillsbury)
- In a large frying pan, add the sausage (either turkey or pork) and saute it until it’s fully cooked. Remembering to keep on stirring the sausage, as it cooks (about 8-10 minutes).
- Once it’s fully browned and cooked, remove from the skillet and place in a bowl.
- After, you remove the cooked sausage, from the skillet. Add butter, and turn the burner to simmer.
- Add flour to the melted butter, and stir so the flour doesn’t burn, This is called making a rue, it helps your sausage gravy thicken.
- Stir in the milk, remembering to stir it constantly, so the milk doesn’t burn.
- Transfer the ground sausage or turkey to an air fryer safe casserole dish.
- Pour the milk/butter/flour mixture over the sausage.
- Top with the biscuits.
- Set in the air fryer oven. And set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: overnight biscuit and gravy casserole biscuits and gravy casserole with hash browns and eggs sausage gravy casserole slow cooker pioneer woman biscuits and gravy casserole biscuits and gravy casserole spicy southern kitchen biscuits and gravy casserole pinterest biscuits and gravy casserole with bisquick sausage biscuit and gravy bake southern living