Is there anything better than a bowl of roasted chickpeas? Today, I kicked it up a notch with my son and made a tasty batch of Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas.
If you have ever gone to Trader Joe’s, you know that they used to sell roasted Ranch Chickpeas, but they have been sadly discontinued.
Everyone seems to love ranch, from Ranch Salad Dressing to Air Fryer Ranch Chicken to Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas, America’s favorite spice.
If you fall in love with Air Fryer Chickpeas as much as my family, some of my family’s favorite recipes are AIR FRYER, SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS, AIR FRYER, EASY SESAME SEED ROASTED CHICKPEAS, AIR FRYER, ONION, AND GARLIC ROASTED CHICKPEAS, and AIR FRYER, ROASTED BARBECUE CHICKPEAS.
What Are Chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a type of legume and have become increasingly popular over the past few years. As people have been searching for healthy snack alternatives, chickpeas have gained popularity.
Chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans, and there is no difference between the two beans.
They are commonly sold in American grocery stores in either dried or canned form. I have found that there is nothing better than roasting chickpeas than canned chickpeas. They are budget-friendly and super easy to roast in the Air Fryer.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas
- Canned Chickpeas
- Olive Oil
- Dry Ranch Dressing
How To Make Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas
Start by really drying the chickpeas off. I usually line them up on my counter and leave them on paper towels until they are almost dried.
Then in a bowl, add the dried chickpeas, olive oil, and Ranch Dressing, mix well, to coat the chickpeas.
Place them into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, and set the time for 12 to 18 minutes. Shake the basket frequently during the cooking process, so they all evenly cook up.
Some Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas
- Make sure that the chickpeas/garbanzo beans are fairly dried before adding the olive oil to them. Otherwise, they will not get crispy.
- You can use any seasoning mix for this; there are so many options.
- Let the chickpeas cool slightly before removing them from the air fryer basket.
- You can make these with dry chickpeas, although you would need to cook the chickpeas first.
Can I Make Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas in The Oven?
Yes, if you want to make them in the oven, follow the written directions and then spread them out onto a baking tray.
Place the baking tray into a preheated oven of 320 degrees F and roast for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Why Aren’t My Air Fryer Chickpeas Crunchy?
The true reason why most people have trouble with chickpeas getting crunchy in the Air Fryer is that they do not bake them long enough.
You have to bake them long enough to dry them out, so they do crisp up. Since every air fryer is slightly different,t you need to frequently check on your chickpeas and don’t forget to shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
How To Store Air Fryer Ranch Chickpeas
If you have any leftovers, they do not store well. The best option would be to place them into a jar without the cover, so they remain crispy.
They will only last for about a day, before losing their crispness.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Chickpea Recipes-
- AIR FRYER, KOREAN BBQ ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- AIR FRYER, ROASTED BOMBAY SPICE ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- EASY AIR FRYER, CINNAMON AND SUGAR ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- AIR FRYER, HONEY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
- AIR FRYER, CURRIED ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 15 ounces chickpeas--canned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix (The powder)
- Start by draining your can of chickpeas and then use a kitchen towel and dry the chickpeas.
- Mix the chickpeas, olive oil, and ranch dressing mix in a small bowl, so all chickpeas are covered.
- Add your chickpeas to the air fryer basket or spread them over the air fryer tray. Spread them out so that they are in a single layer, as they will cook more evenly.
- Place them into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, and set the time for 12 to 18 minutes. Shake the basket frequently during the cooking process, so they all evenly cook up.
- Let cool slightly before removing them from the air fryer basket.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 8gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g