Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably. Here are some of the cakes, I have made in the past, all have been wonderful,
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is a very old-fashioned and light vanilla cake. I altered a recipe found at the Jiffy Website, it was a delicious and airy cake.
- 2 cups Jiffy Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the baking mix, melted butter, sugar, egg, whole milk, and vanilla extract.
Mix until smooth.
Spray your air fryer safe pan with non-stick cooking spray
Pour the prepared batter in
Set in the air fryer oven or basket, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes, make sure that the cake is fully cooked then let it cool down, for about 10 minutes, and then frost, and decorate.
Plate, serve and enjoy!