Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of fast-food chicken, but better because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful, and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
These are so easy to make, and they are KETO friendly and one of my recipes that everyone loves on Weight Watchers. It doesn’t hurt that the kids love them.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
CHICKEN RUB: (adjust to your own taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon white or black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Start by making the rub, mix all of the chicken rub ingredients in a small bowl, mix well.
- Dip your chicken into the chicken rub, and as you coat them, place them into a greased air fryer basket.
- Place the chicken into the air fryer basket, being careful not to overcrowd it, as that will affect the cooking time
- Set the time for 370 degrees F, for 8 minutes, after 8 minutes, flip and check your chicken to make sure it is done. If it has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, it is fully cooked, if not add another couple of minutes and recheck.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chicken tenders no breading air fryer chicken breast keto air fryer chicken tenders keto air fryer chicken tenders with flour air fryer buffalo chicken tenders no breading air fryer chicken tenders time air fryer chicken breast no breading how long to cook chicken breast in air fryer