Summer desserts and a simple Air Fryer Cherry Tart, does life get better than this? Well, I guess so cause I added some whipped cream and a maraschino cherry!
This is a prefect summer dessert, and it was baked up in the Air Fryer!
If you love Cherry Tarts, this is the perfect recipe for you, and even if you are not a fan of cherries, you can make any fruit tart that you want by changing out the ingredients! Perfect and easy!
If you are looking for more Air Fryer Desserts, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BERRY CREAM MUFFINS, AIR FRYER GRILLED STRAWBERRY ANGEL FOOD CAKE, AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER BANANA DONUTS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cherry Tart
- Pie Crust
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschio Cherry
Note: Detailed Instructions and Ingredients Are Found At The End of The Post, KEEP SCROLLING DOWN!
How To Make Air Fryer Cherry Tart
Start by spreading out the dough. Use your biscuit cutter to make a perfect circle and match it as close as you can to the tart pan.
Please the dough into the mini tart pan, and cut the excess off. Fill the mini tart with the cherry pie filling.
As you fill them place them in your air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 to10 minutes.
Some Pro Tips
- Depending on where the heating element is in your air fryer, you might need to prebake these before adding the filling. Bake until the crust is golden brown, and then add our pie filling and add it for a few minutes to the air fryer to heat the pie filling.
- You can add pie strips on top if you want.
- You can use either homemade or prepared pie crust for this tart.
Other Pie Fillings You Can Use
While today, I made a simple cherry tart, you can easily change this out to some of your favorite pie fillings, some of my suggestions:
This tart will last a few days if you refrigerator it after it cools to room temperature. Then, cover the tart with saran wrap and hold off on the whipped cream and cherry until right before serving.
This is a great treat that will freeze really well. If you let the tart cool down, wrap tightly with saran wrap and then a couple of layers of foil. Place the wrapped cherry tarts in a freezer bag. Air Fryer Cherry Tarts will keep well for about 1 to 2 months.
You can also freeze the pie shell, without the filling, and then fill right before serving.
To Use: Place the frozen pie crust out and leave it in the refrigerator until thawed. Then, fill the pie crust with the filling or heat up in the air fryer before serving.
Should I Use Tart or Sweet Cherries For This Tart?
I always say that you should use what you love since you are the one eating it. But there are two different types of cherries sold, so I thought I would mention it to you before someone asks me.
I usually use Oregon Red Tart Cherries, which to me, tastes almost homemade. But you can use any cherry pie filling that you have at your local grocery store.
What Tart Pans Work In The Air Fryer?
I purchased this set, which works in all of my air fryer models, whether using the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, Mealthy, or Instant Pot Crisp Lid. (affiliate links included)
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- whipped cream
- maraschino cherry
- Start by spreading out the dough. Use your biscuit cutter to make a perfect circle and match it as close as you can to the tart pan.
- Please the dough into the mini tart pan, and cut the excess off. Fill the mini tart with the cherry pie filling.
- As you fill them, place them in your air fryer basket or tray. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 to10 minutes.
- Add some whipped cream and cherries before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Don’t Forget To Pin-