Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
This chicken dish can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is a really easy rub that can go on anything for a great fried flavor, it goes well with lamb, chicken or beef. It's amazing for both satay or kabobs.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Start by mixing the ingredients for the rub in a small mixing bowl.
Then add your chicken tenders to a large mixing bowl, and pour the spice rub onto it, massage the rub into the chicken, so they are well coated.
Make sure that they are well coated on both sides.
Spray either the air fryer tray or the air fryer basket with olive oil spray, so the tenders do not stick.
Lay your tenders in the air fryer basket or on the tray.
Spray GENEROUSLY with olive oil spray, and then set in the air fryer oven/basket for 7 minutes at 370 degrees F., after 7 minutes flip, spray again with olive oil and set for another 7 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!