This is a great way to make a homemade chicken with a bread coating. The key to any great chicken dish made in the air fryer is that you spray GENEROUSLY with olive oil so the coating is covered, which the air fryer then will crisp up.
- 2 eggs, cracked and mixed in a bowl
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 4–5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 pieces of chicken breast
- Start by preheating your Air Fryer to 350 degrees F. (air fryer setting)
- In a small bowl, crack your eggs and mix them with a fork.
- In another small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs or panko, Italian seasoning, and oil.
- Then dip the chicken into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil.
- As you coat the chicken, place them into your Air Fryer basket.
- Here is the SECRET: At this point, use your olive oil spray and cover the chicken’s breading with olive oil. The more olive oil that you use, the more tender it will be. But do not go overboard—a light coating.
- Set your time for 18 minutes. Note: it will depend on the thickness of your chicken breast. After 10 minutes, flip your chicken and use olive oil spray again.
- When the chicken is done, remove the chicken breasts. Check the internal temperature of the chicken before removing it.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: panko air fryer chicken frozen breaded chicken breast in air fryer air fryer chicken recipes no breading best breading for air fryer frozen chicken cutlets in air fryer air fryer chicken breast air fryer chicken tenders chicken katsu air fryer