Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
You can make this ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is a really healthy meal, it has the amazing flavors of lemon from the chicken, to roasted air fryer tomatoes. The entire family loved it.
- 1 pound chicken, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste.
Start with the chicken, place the diced chicken in a medium-sized bowl, with the lemon and dried oregano, making sure to coat the chicken.
Place the chicken in a greased air fryer tray or basket, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, for 12 minutes, halfway during the air frying process, flip the chicken.
Meanwhile, cut the zucchini up. Mix with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, just enough to coat the zucchini. Place in the air fryer, (wash the basket or tray from the chicken) AIr fry for about 5 minutes at 320 degrees F.
Then add the grape tomatoes, air fry for another 5 minutes at 320 degrees F,
Then I served mine over rice, put down rice, the zucchini and tomatoes, and the diced chicken,
Plate, serve and enjoy!