My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
1. Choose the right cut of meat- Filet Mignon, Ribeyes, Strip Steaks, Top Sirloin, Porterhouse, and T-Bone are all great for the air fryer. They all have a great fat and meat ratio for the grill or air fryer.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take out your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorbs the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is a really easy dinner or lunch, and the marinade is easy to use on any type of meat, or vegetable dish. While, it is light and flavorful.
- 1 pound skinleses, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
Lemon Garlic Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting your chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- Then cut your red onion and bell pepper into about 2 inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the marindate into a large plastic bag, and place the chicken, red onion and bell pepper in it. Seal and then place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight (or at least a few hours)
- Then thread the chicken, red onions and bell pepper through the skewers.
- Place in your Air Fryer the temperature I used was 350 degrees for 5 minutes, then flip and air fry another 5 minutes. Make sure your chicken is cooked, before you plate.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer steak kabobs recipe how long to cook beef kabobs in air fryer can you use wooden skewers in air fryer air fryer oven chicken kabobs air fryer skewer recipes air fryer beef kabobs recipe pineapple chicken kabobs in air fryer vegetable kabobs in air fryer