Everyone loves Fried Chicken and Tacos, so today, I combine the best of both worlds and make an Air Fryer Korean Fried Chicken Tacos!
This is both a speedy meal and a kid-friendly meal. I love making tacos in my house, and they reheat so well if you have any leftovers.
Today, I used chicken thighs, but you can use any chicken meat. I find that chicken thighs are better to air fry with batter.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Kid-Friendly Meals, some of my favorites are BLACKSTONE GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN BURGERS, AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST (LEMON GARLIC), AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS, and AIR FRYER ITALIAN MEATLOAF.
What Are Korean Fried Chicken Tacos?
Korean Fried Chicken is unlike anything you have had before. If you think that the fried chicken will be rich in batter and crispy, you are only half correct.
Korean Fried Chicken made in the Air Fryer is crispy but light, and then it’s all drizzled with a spicy but sweet sauce.
Today, I used chicken thighs for this dish, which gives a real meaty texture to the tacos, but if you are looking to use boneless chicken breast, that will work as well.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Korean Fried Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Thighs
- Black Pepper
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Granulated Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
How To Make Air Fryer Korean Fried Chicken Tacos
Start by making the batter. In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, water, salt, and pepper.
Toss your chicken into the batter, and then place the battered chicken into a greased air fryer basket or tray. (sprayed with olive oil).
Set temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, check and see if your chicken is fully cooked; otherwise, add another few minutes.
The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the gochujang, sugar, and apple cider vinegar. When the sauce is finished, toss the chicken into the sauce.
Start by placing a tortilla in the air fryer for about 30 seconds at 330 degrees F. This will make it a bit toasted. Then add a couple of Korean Fried Chicken pieces, a few slices of diced radishes, carrots, green onions, and sliced cabbage.
Can I Substitute the Flour for Cornstarch?
Yes, you can use it, it will make your fried chicken very crispy, so it’s a great option. If you want, you can add a couple of tablespoons to the flour mixture and then toss it all together.
How Many Minutes Do I Cook Air Fryer Fried Chicken?
The truth is that the thickness of the chicken, adn teh type of chicken will determine how long to air fry up chicken.
Why Does My Breading (Coating) Fall Off?
If you have ever made Air Fryer Fried Chicken, and you end up with coating that does not stick, there are a copuple of solutions to this.
The first is to use parchment paper or an air fryer liner. This will help your coating say on.
The second is to really make sure that your batter is sticking to the chicken. You need a heavier batter than what you are used to. Think less is more when it comes to the wet batter in the air fryer.
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Korean Fried Chicken Tacos
If you have any Koren chicken leftover, let it cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator, where it will last for about 2 to 3 days.
To Reheat Fried Chicken In The Air Fryer: Place the refrigerated chicken into the air fryer basket, and air fry at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 9 minutes, until the chicken is hot.
Some Other Great and Easy Air Fryer Chicken Recipes-
- AIR FRYER POLLO ASADO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST (LEMON GARLIC)
- 24 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- AIR FRYER PICKLE-BRINED CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS
Don’t Forget to Pin,
FRIED CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound diced chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Flour or Corn Tortilla
- 2 ounces diced radishes
- 2 carrots. peeled and sliced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 3 teaspoons gochujang
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
SIMPLE DIRECTIONS FOR KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN,
- Start by making the batter. In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, water, salt, and pepper.
- Toss your chicken into the batter, and then place the battered chicken into a greased air fryer basket or tray. (sprayed with olive oil)
- Set temperature to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, air fryer setting. After 5 minutes, check and see if your chicken is fully cooked; otherwise, add another few minutes.
- When the sauce is finished, toss the chicken into the sauce.
SIMPLE DIRECTIONS FOR SAUCE:
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the gochujang, sugar, and apple cider vinegar.
SIMPLE DIRECTIONS FOR ASSEMBLING THE TACOS:
- Start by placing a tortilla in the air fryer for about 30 seconds at 330 degrees F. This will make it a bit toasted.
- Then add a couple of Korean Fried Chicken pieces, a few slices of diced radishes, carrots, green onions, and sliced cabbage.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 977mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 32g