My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
2. Choose the right quality of meat-Purchase a good quality of meat, from a butcher or from the supermarket. They grade meat on marbling and the connective tissues. Marbling should be shown throughout the meat with white-colored fat (marbling) I always look for a thin coat of marble throughout the meat for the air fryer or Instant Pot, since it will melt and give a nice flavor to the meat, without it being greasy.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorbs the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Omni, Air Fryer
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Making steak in the air fryer steak tips has never been the same, whether it's rib eye, prime rib or roast, this is a fail-safe recipe. Note: I used the broiling function on the Omni to get a nice sticky BBQ sauce at the end, this can be omitted, if you don't have a broiler function on your air fryer.
- 1 pound steak tips
- 1 cup KETO or any BBQ sauce
The first thing I do when making steak (I got this hint from one of Bobby Flay's shows) let the meat rest at room temperature for AT LEAST 30 minutes.
Start by preheating the air fryer, steak is one of the few recipes, that I preheat the air fryer for. But the meat will come out better, so turn the air fryer oven'/basket on for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
This is the sugar-free sauce, I used, feel free to change it out to your favorite.
In a small bowl, toss the steak tips with the sauce.
Then spread them out, either in your air fryer basket or tray.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes. (air frying setting)
After the 4 minutes is up, I tossed them with a bit more of the sauce (I placed them in a bowl, and added about 1/4 cup more of BBQ sauce) then since I have the Omni, I pressed the broil setting which is 450 degrees F, for 2 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!