So I’m still having the greatest time using my new Air Fryer — between my air fryer and my Instant Pot, I no longer use the stove. LOL.
I am wondering how long it becomes an obsolete cooking appliance. I am also using it to see what and how I can cook stuff.
This is one of my favorite dishes that I have made this week because it was so easy, and the flavor of the broccoli was completely enhanced, and there is nothing to the recipe.
This is one of my kid’s favorite vegetables since they were toddlers. And, wherever we went, they would order them. So, now that I am armed with my new air fryer, I thought I would take this for a test. And, see how good I could get them.
Broccoli has gained popularity in the past few years, now if you head to any produce market, you can find broccoli in a variety of ways, including broccoli rice for, the possibilities are endless. I have not made that as yet, but it is on my growing list of recipes, I want to try in the air fryer.
Let’s talk about broccoli since many of us know very little about it.
- Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable, meaning that it is in the same family as arugula, broccoli, cabbage, broccoli rabe, bok choy, kale, collard greens, and Brussels sprouts
- The cruciferous family of vegetables has been more popular in recent years because scientists found that they hold cancer-fighting properties.
- Broccoli has a lot of fiber, over 9 grams of fiber, but at the same time very low in calories.
Here are some hints on how to purchase broccoli:
- Should be dense, the heavier the better.
- Leaves on fresh broccoli are dark and green
- Florets should be tight
- No dark spots on the broccoli this shows that it is old, and should be avoided.
- The broccoli’s stem should be white with no dark patches
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
A really healthy and delicious way to serve broccoli with the family. My kids love the spiciness of the broccoli. I love that it’s easy to prepare and my kids actually eat their greens. The red onions really add a great texture, and KETO friendly.
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 medium red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by cutting up the broccoli into florets, dispose of the stems.
- Then cut the red onion up, so you get long strands, they will air-fry better than chunks.
- Toss in a medium-sized bowl with olive oil. Make sure you have enough olive oil to coat each and every broccoli, if you need more, add more. This will get you nice roasted broccoli and red onion dish. I use my hands, so I can coat them.
- Then spread the red onion and broccoli mixture out a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Set the tray or basket back into the air fryer.
- Set the timer for 4 minutes at 350 degrees F. When the time is up, mix well, and return for another 4 minutes (same temperature).
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer broccoli parmesan air fryer broccoli and cheese broccoli air fryer time how to roast broccoli in air fryer air fryer broccoli and cauliflower how to cook frozen broccoli in air fryer ninja air fryer broccoli air fryer broccoli bites