One word describes this recipe, yummy!!
This is what I made for my son, right before his hockey game, my kids love lamb, especially with some lemon and rosemary. I also thought that lamb chops with making the perfect finger food for the kids and their friends, so they could walk and eat. (Or in my kid’s case, walk down the basement and pull up some video games)
I couldn’t find any recipes for Air Fried Lamb Chops and I purchased some at Trader Joe’s. So, this is what I came up with. My kids really loved it, and the meat was nice and tender, and it wasn’t dried out at all.
If you are not familiar with lamb or rack of lamb, the most important thing for you to know is that any rack of lamb is a cut of lamb, that is connected and has rib chops connected, you can buy it in one strip, meaning only one side of the roast has chops, or double rack of lamb, which means that both sides have chops.
I went today for a simple herb seasoning and olive rub, and I will be experimenting with breading (breadcrumbs) in the next few weeks.
Here are some tips when cooking the lamb:
- The fat side of the lamb is facing upwards, and as it “air-fries” or bakes, the fat drips down and covers the meat, making it tender.
- The internal temperature of the meat should be measured in between the ribs, being careful not to read the bones, the temperature should be between 120 degrees F, which is rare to 130 for medium-rare, to 140 degrees for medium.
- Rest the lamb on the counter for about 10 to 15 minutes, which allows the juice to settle in the middle of the meat. I always cover mine with foil, so the meat doesn’t end up cold, while it’s resting.
- Lamb cooks fast, especially when you are using the air fryer, so remember to watch it.
- You might have to trim the rack of lamb (lamb chops) to make them fit. I had to remove the last chop so that the entire roast would fit in my air fryer. That would be dependent upon the type of air fryer you own.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
This is a great and easy recipe, My kids love eating the lamb they are so flavorful and the side of the butter mixture is great for dipping.
- 8 lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon diced rosemary
- Start by preheating the air fryer, 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Then add the lamb chops to the air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F, (air fryer setting) Check and make sure the meat is cooked, before removing.
- Rare: 115 to 120°F.
Medium-rare: 120 to 125°F.
Medium: 130 to 135°F.
Medium-well: 140 to 145°F.
Well-done: 150 to 155°F.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: lamb chops air fryer time nuwave air fryer lamb chops lamb chops in air fryer cuisinart air fryer lamb chops keto lamb chops oven air fryer lamb ribs air fry lamb shank lamb riblets in air fryer