This is a really easy recipe, my mom used to call them Thumbprint Cookies but they have so many other names. My kids love them, and eat them by the dozen, enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberry (or other jam, you have on hand)
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the flour and powdered sugar in.
- Then cut the butter into smaller pieces (you need the cold butter to make the dough) but cut it up, so it’s more easily blended with the flour
- Blend together, until all of the butter is broken down.
- Then add the egg, vanilla and mix again.
- Mix until everything is well. (This dough does better cold) so as you do batches keep the dough in the refrigerator.
- Using flour, place some on the counter and then some on the dough it’s self, and roll until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use your biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, to make a circle.
- Place them on your greased tray (olive oil spray)
- Place a tablespoon of jam in the middle of each cookie,
- Roll the doughs up, but lifting both sides up and bringing them to the middle.
- I had some sparkling sugar and added some for a special touch, this can be omitted.
- Place in the air fryer oven and set the temperature to 340 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Note: Keep the dough cold while the batch cooks and let the air fryer tray cool down before you add more dough. The dough will melt.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: pillsbury almond cookies pillsbury pie crust rugelach raspberry rugelach kolaczki cookies with walnuts chocolate raspberry rugelach easy kolaczki recipe kolaczki pronunciation kolaczki recipe polish cookies chrusciki kolaczki nut filling kolaczki with yeast traditional polish baked goods