Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started yesterday) with some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
This is a really easy recipe, my mom used to call them Thumbprint Cookies but they have so many other names. My kids love them, and eat them by the dozen, enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberry (or other jam, you have on hand)
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the flour and powdered sugar in.
- Then cut the butter into smaller pieces (you need the cold butter to make the dough) but cut it up, so it’s more easily blended with the flour
- Blend together, until all of the butter is broken down.
- Then add the egg, vanilla and mix again.
- Mix until everything is well. (This dough does better cold) so as you do batches keep the dough in the refrigerator.
- Using flour, place some on the counter and then some on the dough it’s self, and roll until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use your biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, to make a circle.
- Place them on your greased tray (olive oil spray)
- Place a tablespoon of jam in the middle of each cookie,
- Roll the doughs up, but lifting both sides up and bringing them to the middle.
- I had some sparkling sugar and added some for a special touch, this can be omitted.
- Place in the air fryer oven and set the temperature to 340 degrees for 6 minutes.
- Note: Keep the dough cold while the batch cooks and let the air fryer tray cool down before you add more dough. The dough will melt.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: pillsbury almond cookies pillsbury pie crust rugelach raspberry rugelach kolaczki cookies with walnuts chocolate raspberry rugelach easy kolaczki recipe kolaczki pronunciation kolaczki recipe polish cookies chrusciki kolaczki nut filling kolaczki with yeast traditional polish baked goods